Course Hours: Twenty-four (Three Eight Hour Days)
Enrollment Cap: Twenty-four
Applicable to: All Criminal Justice Officers
The Community Awareness violence-Resistance Education (C.A.R.E.) program is a public safety education program that consists of nine training and presentation modules that were developed to enhance your community-policing program. Participants who successfully complete the course receive an instructor manual, a PowerPoint presentation for each training module, and ACCJT instructor certification.
With a trained CARE Instructor, your department can provide members of your community with the following public safety education presentations and training classes:
- Self-Defense Tactics for Women
- 911 Crime Reporting for Citizens
- Citizen Pepper Spray Certification
- Safety Strategies for Senior Citizens
- Personal Protection Strategies for Women
- Dealing Effectively with Workplace Violence
- Citizen Concealed Weapon (handgun) Training
- Narcotics Awareness and Recognition for Citizens
- Child safety and Abduction Resistance Education for Parents and Children
For a synopsis of each public safety education module, go to Public Safety Education and click on each PSE course.